If any of these conditions apply to you, please refrain from visiting the venue.
- You have a fever of 37.5℃ (99.5°F) or 1℃ (1.8°F) higher than normal.
- You show any of the following symptoms: shortness of breath, difficulty breathing, severe fatigue, coughing, or sore throat.
- During the past 14 days, you have traveled to a country that the Japanese government has declared travel restrictions on, or have been in close contact with a person that has done so.
Precautions taken against COVID-19 by community center ZEL
Staff will follow these precautions. Visitors will be asked to follow precautions 4, 5, and 6.
- Cleaning and disinfecting doorknobs, tables, and chairs etc. before opening hours.
- Ensuring disinfectant hand wipes and spray are available for visitors.
- Ventilating the venue by opening the window, or using the air conditioner and air purifier.
- Please wear a mask while visiting. (All venue staff will also wear masks.)
- When seated, please keep space between other visitors, and avoid sitting directly in front of others.
- Please do not touch or read the venue’s books and magazines until further notice. (Droplet prevention covers will be placed in front of the bookshelves.)
A notice board will be placed at the entrance indicating how crowded the venue is.
- 5 people or less in the venue: No notice
- 6 to 9 people: Notice “The venue is crowded”
- 10 people or more: Notice “The venue is too crowded. No more visitors allowed.”
Please understand that due to the ongoing COVID-19 outbreak, we may change our open schedule, have temporary closed days, or delay/cancel events.
If you need the information of COVID-19, click here.
Information Regarding the Novel Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19)-Sendai city website
关于发生新型冠状病毒性肺炎感染症-Sendai city website
신종 코로나 바이러스 감염증에 대해 -Sendai city website
"Community center ZEL" is a place for gay/bisexual men to find information on HIV/AIDS.
Not only do we provide information on HIV/AIDS, but we also have information on gay areas, events, and meetup groups.
We welcome foreigners as well! (We have an AI translator device)
※During normal opening hours, we kindly ask women or straight men to refrain from entering the community center.
Monday/Tuesday/Friday/Saturday >> 6pm-10pm
Sunday/National Holiday >> 3pm-8pm (Except for the 1st Sunday of the month)
・Wednesday/Thursday (Open if national holiday)
・First Sunday of the month
・New Year holidays
9F., RISUZU Bldg.,
3-3-5 Kokubuncho Aoba Ward, Sendai City, Miyagi, JPN
5 minute walk from Kotodai-kouen station Exit “Park 2”
Next to “Tokyo Electron Hall Miyagi” on Jozenji-dori Avenue.
We are on the top floor of the building with a Matsuya (beef bowl place) on the first floor.
Other than information on HIV/AIDS and STIs, we provide information on club events (gay nightclubs) around Japan and LGBT events (study groups, meetups, film festivals, gay parades etc.)
At our center, we provide condoms which can be taken home for free.
Eating and drinking is allowed, but drinking alcohol is prohibited.
Designated smoking areas are available. (Outside the door at the end of the hallway)